May 10, 2010

23ThingsKS--uploading that video the web

As I reviewed my blog posts to be sure I'd covered all of the class modules, I discovered that I hadn't posted her about my video experience. What you'll find after this post is the text (complete with links) of my comments posted to the 23thingsKS module blog . I discovered that making a video can be straightforward and fun, despite the somewhat somber tone of my first attempt. During the process I wished for a new camera with which to film, longing for the Flip camera I'd seen reviewed in School Library Journal, complete with a microphone and tripod! I was thwarted and thus frustrated in my attempt to combine the two pieces of video that I shot. As you'll see below, we worked with a film crew on our SRP promotion video. They used full-sized equipment but did their editing digitally. I can seem several uses for video beyond the library tour and the summer reading program promotion, and it is great to know that we don't need to hire professionals when we can do it ourselves!

After watching the terrific video made by the folks at Atchison Public Library, I offer my fledgling effort. I filmed this using our branch library’s v-e-r-y O-L-D digital camera. I was surprised to discover that it came with old fashioned movie camera background sound! I filmed it in two parts, hoping to edit it in Windows Movie Maker, but WMM won’t accept the files for editing. So…here, uncut are the two video clips. At least you may get a few grins out of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZhFLOrw4iU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDxFI_4beo

No comments:

Post a Comment