May 10, 2010

Wikis--so many uses

 My first wiki experience came with our module activity. I posted to our 23ThingsKS participants' wiki:
Rave Review of 23ThingsKS

I had some difficulty thinking of what I might edit in a wiki. I tried to edit a subject guide on our library's website, but I wasn't permitted to create an account. So I turned to the wiki of all wikis, Wikipedia. I decide to read the entry of Benedict of Nursia, whose Rule is still practiced today by both monastics and non-monastics, including yours truly. I read through the entry and discovered a grammatical error in the section on the Rule involving the use of the verb comprise (parts comprise the whole; the whole is composed of parts). I changed that. It took very little time and was not difficult. You can see that change midway down the page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment